FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Understanding GUF2
View Single Post
Old Apr 8, 2019, 6:15 am
GinFizz

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by alexwuk
I have a slightly complex question. I want to book an I class fare using a travel agent and upgrade with a GUF1 into A class. A class is available in the outbound direction but the inbound direction is currently showing F1 A0 J9 D9 C9 I9. Departure is in 3 months so I think I would have a decent shot of clearing a waitlist.

The ticket requires immediate issuance. Is it possible for the TA to use the GUF at the time of issue, confirm A class for the outbound, confirm I class for the inbound and waitlist A class for the inbound? If this is allowed, what would the reissue provisions be should the waitlisted segment clear (ie would I have to pay the EUR 300 reissue fee specified in the I class fare rules)?
I think this might be possible - Not quite the same but I made a WTP to CW booking (BUD-LHR-PEK/PEK-LHR) using a GUF1 through a TA (Propeller Travel) a couple of years ago - there wasn't any "I" availability for BUD-LHR, so that leg stayed in the underlying K (EuroTraveller) class. I have no idea what went on behind the scenes in the booking, but the folks at Propeller told me that they had wait-listed me for a seat in the CE cabin - and lo and behold (perhaps entirely by chance) I got the magic beep at the boarding gate.

I do agree though that even with the open CW cabin, the chance of A class availability going up again looks slim to me.

Last edited by GinFizz; Apr 8, 2019 at 7:08 am