FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MAN airport security disaster
View Single Post
Old Apr 7, 2019, 3:30 pm

Programs: None anymore
Originally Posted by manord
The shared scanner between fast track and non fast track can quickly lead to chaos with only mild increases in bags called for secondary, and is one of the poorest layouts for fast track anywhere.
I'm not sure which is worse: the currently layout or the previous one where fast track was shared with the families and special assistance lane. For some reason, MAN don't seem to understand what fast track is supposed to be.

People doing a repack (non-bagged liquids usually) at the tray line seems to have become commonplace - they need to move people away whilst they repack. The other week two of the five positions at T3 fast track were occupied with repackers who took at least 10 mins to sort themselves out - I queued for 30 mins in fast track so I had plenty of time to observe.

They could abolish fast track completely and just have two types of lane for everyone:
  1. People who haven't got a clue
  2. People who know what they're doing
The lanes need to be screened so they are not visible to the other queue. Signs warning of tigers, crocodiles and big hairy spiders should be placed at the entrance to the second queue.