FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta returns to London Gatwick - its first trans-Atlantic destination
Old Apr 7, 2019, 7:53 am
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
That just assumes you want to connect in London vs. Paris, Amsterdam or Rome - or aren't already on a non-stop to KEF, GLA, EDI, DUB, SNN, MAN, CPH, TXL, DUS, BRU, FRA, PRG, ZRH, VCE, MXP, NCE, MAD, BCN, LIS, AGP, or ATH. You caught the press release references to DL being the #1 TATL carrier all in destinations, U.S. gateways, city pairs and customers carried, right? B6 will not be operating from a position of strength TATL, not from JFK or BOS. They're not going to have the network, the fleet diversity, nor the corporate contracts. They certainly don't have the operational chops: look at on-time and flight cancellation data.
JetBlue has an extensive partnership with Tap Air Portugal. I would not be surprised to see JetBlue announce London service -- perhaps utilizing EasyJet as a connecting partner -- at the same time as announcing or re-announcing its relationship with Tap via Lisbon. At least that's what I would do if I were them. The only issue with EasyJet is how to handle Mint business-class passengers.