View Single Post
Old Apr 7, 19, 3:18 am
Land-of-Miles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IC RA, Kimpton Inner Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by NoY View Post
My comparator is good service vs not so good/bad service. Simple as that. Its about attitude/approach/professionalism for me. I too have experienced each of the lounges you refer to (except Islington) but I treat each one on their own merits & do not use them as comparators, neither do I use the Asian/ME offerings as such.
As a regular guest I have never been upgraded & indeed do not particularly take issue with this as I am out & about for 90% of the day every day & the standard rooms are excellent here.
The hotel remains my no.1 choice in London & indeed I have two more stays already booked
I think the examples of other lounges that Hilton offers frame my expectations, much like my experience of Marriot, RC or IC Lounges frame my expectations for those brands. I have come to expect little real "service" in Hilton Lounges as that seems to be the norm. What I do appreciate at Bankside is that they keep the place clean and not the utter pigsty that many other UK Hilton lounges end up in, Maybe I have now been conditioned not to expect too much?