FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Credit card Asia Miles earning opportunities (HK) 2019
Old Apr 6, 2019, 11:19 pm
barracuda93

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by Bezarius
Hi fellow Flyertalk members,
I just recently moved to Hong Kong from Singapore for work and am in the process of applying for a credit card. Recently got into the air miles game too! I successfully opened a bank account with Citibank and all, so would like to seek some advice if there are any ongoing promotion right now for credit card applications that would be good. I don't have a credit card report yet, so was wondering if there are any CCs out there that have a good welcome offer and is easier to get approval for? Currently I am of the mind to just apply for a Citi Rewards card to get my credit card report going (hopefully the fact that I bank with them makes it easier to approve) but happy to hear any thoughts on any other CC that is worth considering! Reason being that I would think
Many thanks in advance!
Citi Prestige is better for local spending, otherwise PremierMiles is as good. (I would actually use Singaporean PremierMiles for local spending in HK, provided they have reasonable currency conversion fee.)

Generally speaking, Citi is a good idea, since you are not stuck with a single program.

I disagree on the note above however, IMO changes with AsiaMiles were surprisingly positive and added value to the program. I started using it since then.

P. S. Do not go for Rewards card though, it's useless. Prestige or PremierMiles is the solution.