FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "This is not a Boarding Pass" - What is required for international online checkin?
Old Apr 6, 2019, 10:54 pm
Aussienarelle

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
I have to say that I did not understand your statement. What is this about asking TSA to stamp the boarding pass?

I had SSSS this week on FRA-ORD. When I arrived at ORD, I asked the UA customer service agent to reprint a boarding pass after unchecking me. They confirmed that my GE number was on the reservation. My new boarding pass had the TSA PRE.
Sorry for any confusion.

I did what you did this trip in IAH but the BP needed to be printed before I went through security/TSA. Last time in SFO I had the UC I SFO reprint the BP and when boarding the plane I was refused as I needed to have the TSA stamp for the more detailed search. Fortunately the gate was near security but i was the last pax to board the plane even though I had been in Group 1.

So if you have the SSSS on the international leg, you need to get the connecting domestic flight BP reprinted at CS/ticket counter BEFORE going through security state side else the SSSS taint stays for the domestic leg.

​​​​​​​(It is unusual for me to have the BP for the domestic leg reprinted if the originating carrier is United). For the most recent trip the BP never appeared on the app.