FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Customer Service refused to send me to the Loyalty desk
Old Apr 6, 2019, 7:53 pm
Karen2

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Customer Service refused to send me to the Loyalty desk

I am beyond upset. William Sanders recommended I speak to a supervisor since I was getting nowhere with Customer Service when he was unable to pull up my husband's account records to help me. Lifetime is lifetime but I am told that records before 1990 are hard to come by. They do acknowledge that my husband was the 50 night/year Black, then Gold level from 1990 to and including 2000. That alone gives him 550 nights. However, they have no record of his Westin stays through Starwood, nor any record of his Marriott stays prior to 1990. They do admit that he joined in 1985 which is later than I remember since he signed up for all the programs beginning with American Airlines way before 1985. Marriott started Rewards in 1983 so I think they have the date wrong there.

At any rate, today, I spoke to Vickie of Salt Lake City because an email from Bonvoy instructed me to call Customer Service. When it was clear that Vickie had no idea what the program names were prior to NOW, I asked, as William suggested, to speak to a supervisor. She told me she could not do that but would send my husband's info to Loyalty Retention. Now what, folks? We have two trips coming up back to back and I was counting on an upgrade, etc. However, the best I can get from Bonvoy is Lifetime Gold. However, my husband should be lifetime Platinum. It is very unfair to penalize members who joined in the beginning because Marriott chose to keep only records past 1990. Furthermore, he was an Allegis member and stayed at innumerable Westins back in that day. No record. And she could not find any of his Starwood stays. What a mess.

I welcome advice. Thanks...