FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HKG Pier dining what a let down!
View Single Post
Old Apr 6, 19, 5:44 pm
ermen

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag View Post
Fair point in all honestly, I've mostly based my illusions on reading the BA forum, which seems to hold this as the gold standard. But I don't think I could have gotten away with posting this rant there...
the difference between the BA board and CX board is that there are not a lot of CX apologists / fanatics here compared to the BA board and you wont get many here jumping into defend CX at the slightest criticism... more like a bunch of jaded travellers who are tired of CXs continued deteriorating standards.

i havent been intoe CX pier F post the CNY period but shame that the service has gone back down to the PP / Sodexo transitioning period. it was bad then but somehow did improve a short while after - but still very sore on how they cheapened the very delicious burger (no more truffle sauce + thick cut fries!!).

still if one had to compare BAs OWE lounge, Pier F knocks it out of the park. Now comparing to CCR - a more even toss up perhaps (certainly the drink is better in the latter). I agree that QF F in SYD/MEL seems to still set the gold standard.

​​​

​​​​