FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)
Old Apr 6, 2019, 1:01 pm
AS Flyer

Originally Posted by pcoll
just got done checking AS site for changes and updates . As we are flying F next week, checked First Food and Beverage page. Noticed small changes, ie: wines now featured on flights.
One change I noticed was sentence, "First Class guests can now choose between 2 main dishes or have a Fruit and Cheese platter , served on a plate".
Does this now mark a change in policy? Are we now able to request this for our meal and not be asked to pay for this choice? (there is no modifier attached that requires this only for pre-orders)
Hope this is the case. AS Flyer , can you help with an answer??
(You all know how I feel about my F & C!!)
It looks like others answered but the official answer is that it has to be pre-ordered. It's not an option once you're onboard unless you want to buy one. Hope that helps. If you pre-ordered from Y and then were upgraded you can purchase the cheese and fruit platter you intended on purchasing when in Y or have your choice of whatever is offered in F. The F&C isn't gratis in this case.