View Single Post
Old Apr 6, 19, 10:58 am
Land-of-Miles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IC RA, Kimpton Inner Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by NoY View Post
Service in the Exec Lounge is not great, to be honest, with the guy in particular appearing to have no customer service skills at all & looks like he would rather be somewhere else.
It remains a pleasant space though & the range of drinks is perfectly fine. The canapés have decreased in quality it seems.
However the breakfast remains perhaps the best UK Hilton offering & the service in there is exemplary compared to any other I can recall.
it depends what your comparator is to be fair.

Compared to every other Uk Hilton lounge I have visited in tne last 18 months with the possible exception of the Hilton Tower Bridge, the Bankside is about the best. Whilst I think that service in many other Lounges e.g. Hilton Metropole London, Metropole Birmingham, Doubletree Tower Bridge, Desnsgate Manchester, Hilton Islington, Hilton T4, Hilton Park Lane etc. Is too poor, you have by UK and US standards to set the bar pretty high to be better than Bankside for all its imperfections.

Obviously in cheap staffing locations like Asia and the Middle East service is obviously better given a fair comparison against other London or UK Hilton’s Bankside is leaps and bounds ahead.

I am back myself tomorrow and note that I already seem upgraded to a one bed suite, so perhaps there is something to my hypothesis that they look after regular guests well here.