FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cheapest country/city for flights to New Zealand
Old Apr 6, 2019, 5:29 am
Hawes7701

Cheapest country/city for flights to New Zealand

Ok..... bit of a broad title so a bit more info.

I am am looking for business class travel from Europe (ideally uk) to New Zealand around April next year for a month. Will be looking for 3 tickets.

I have around 300,000 Avios and an Amex companion voucher. I also have about 120,000 Alaska miles.

Now... the bit of advice I need.

I am reasonably well versed in getting the best value from my miles and know that if the stars aligned (availability is there) I have Avios for the flights to HKG in club and 60,000 AS miles short of flying CX return to AKL. this would cost around £700pp in taxes and fees plus about another £1100 to purchase the AS miles (if they have a sale) bringing total cost to about £1050pp. I can live with this but it’s unlikely there will be availability for all my dates.

What I am trying to figure out is if there is a better way to do it? Ie. Use my miles to fly somewhere (Asia or Middle East or India) that has generally good availability and then Purchase a rtn flight from there.

Guess my budget is around £4,000 in total. Is there somewhere Enroute that has cheap business class fares to NZ?

Any my help or tips are much appreciated.

Last edited by Hawes7701; Apr 6, 2019 at 5:59 am