FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Apr 5, 2019, 11:06 pm
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
[QUOTE=Toshbaf;30970417]1. You’ve had a busy morning making sales calls on the south side of Chicago. While calling your office to arrange for some products to be delivered to a local company, you’re informed that you need to service an account in Indianapolis ASAP, as in today. Hmm… Well O’Hare’s way up on the north side of the city. Any chance there might be any flights out of nearby Midway Airport? A call to your travel agent confirms that there is. Two airlines each operate a single flight per day from Midway down to Indy. Identify the two airlines.

I'm tempted to say UA and AA but, instead, I propose: Delta Air Lines & Eastern Airlines

Correct. Each offered a single flight each day, Delta with a DC-9-10 and Eastern with a DC-9-30

8. Some of you may recall that Grand Island, Nebraska was once served by Air Wisconsin out of Chicago using a BAC-111 jet. We even had a question involving that service. However, this was not GRI’s first jet service. Some 15 years earlier its citizens also enjoyed jet service from Chicago – this time with a single daily one-stop jet flight that even offered a First Class cabin with a nice dinner served along the way. Can you identify the airline, the aircraft and the enroute stop?

Frontier, Boeing 737-200, stopping at Lincoln. I once heard a teenager brag about Lincoln and how that airport was soon to be very busy, almost as busy as O'Hare in Chicago. Maybe the teen actually meant runway length, not passenger traffic, as a sign of being big.

Frontier is correct, but Lincoln is not. However, since there aren't a lot of options that actually make sense for GRI service, let's just reveal that stop now...

Frontier FL 107 Chicago (MDW) 630p-742p Omaha (OMA) 800p-832p Grand Island (GRI) 737-200 Daily [/QUOTE]