FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX moves forward with plans for Concourse 0 and Terminal 9
Old Apr 5, 2019, 9:56 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
I guess it would help with gate crowding issues, and be really useful for connecting passengers (and it'd be cool to see). However even with the expanded APM I worry about how the expansion will impact road traffic for O/D passengers. I'd also hate to be a passenger who somehow ends up booking separate tickets necessitating a transfer between terminals 9 and 0, and decides to make the trip airside

(I know it's not realistic, but given the geographic size of the LA region I do wish one of the other LA area airports was in a location and of such a size that major airlines & alliances could run a decent sized operation or hub, ala the multiple airports serving New York or maybe the DC airports. From my starting points when I'm in SoCal it often takes over an hour just to get to the Sepulveda exit on the 105, and it can take quite a while longer to get from there to the terminals...so I just wish there was a more legitimate second option, particularly for transcon and international travel. In the meantime I suppose anything to improve the passenger experience at LAX is a good thing!).

Last edited by ryw; Apr 8, 2019 at 11:41 pm Reason: 105, not 405 - I should know better!