FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My hotel is advertising that it has A/C, but it's not turned on...
Old Apr 5, 2019, 8:10 pm
mikeef
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
My hotel is advertising that it has A/C, but it's not turned on...

Question for the day: I'm staying at an Embassy Suites at MSP, and the room is hot as hell. I tried to turn on the A/C, but it wasn't working, so I called down to the front desk, where they told me that it's a property that was built in the 50s, so it's a two-pipe system, meaning that everything is controlled centrally. In other words, until the hotel turns on the A/C for the hotel, they only have heat. They told me I can open the window, but I'm overlooking the highway, so the noise is an issue.

I pointed out that the website indicates that they have air conditioning, but they presented the unique argument that, "Well, we technically have air conditioning, it just isn't turned on." I'll give them credit for creativity here.

So here's my question: Am I nuts in thinking that if a hotel advertises A/C on its website, I shouldn't have to call them and verify that it will actually be turned on when I get there?

Mike