FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TK in IST: Thread #3 - Transit and Stopover Hotel, Touristanbul, Sleeping Rooms
Old Apr 5, 19, 6:24 pm
ISTFlyer

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK M&S Elite Plus, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Originally Posted by EK788 View Post
Hi FlyerTalk fam,

For the sleeping room requirements, any idea if I would be eligible if I decided to take a voluntary longer layover? I generally hate short layovers so I typically take later flights so I have some time to walk around and stretch my legs. If I meet the requirements but there could have been a quicker option where I wasn’t eligible, would I still get the sleeping room? TIA
I don't think they have a restriction for sleeping room that does not allow passengers if a shorter connection is possible. So, you should be OK. However, things could have changed from Atatürk Airport to Istanbul Airport. Just simply present both of your boarding passes to the agent at the sleeping rooms. Keep your mouth shut and don't indicate anything that you have chosen a longer connection.

Also be aware that the duration of one of your flights should be more than 8 hours to benefit from this service.