FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Sydney (Post-Reno) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Apr 5, 2019, 1:20 am
sydneyflyer12

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Red259
Recently completed a stay here on an award. Without a doubt i would strongly discourage people with no status or low status to not waste their points. I have only discoverist and booked an award here. Upon checkin i asked if there was a chance any rooms with a view were available. The guy at reception said he could book me in to a king deluxe so i would have a partial view for as an extra $100. I readily paid for it. My room was on the third floor at the very end of the hotel. It takes like five minutes to get to the room from the elevator.

i finally get to the room and my view? My frickin view is of a street and the construction next door. Even leaning over the balcony you cant see anything but a frickin tree. I dont even know what i paid extra for. Is there a frickin room without windows because that us the only way it would be worse.

Twice on my one night stay my keycard deactivated requiring going to reception to get it fixed. Again annoying because i wasted 20 minutes walking back and firth on keycard issues alone. The room itself was ok i guess although i have also stayed at the Sheraton and see minimal difference in room quality.

Its the first park hyatt i have been to where nobody tried to help me with my bags on arrival.

i went up and looked at the rooftop pool and it was pretty pathetic looking. The bed was a bit too hard for my taste.

Overall i regret wasting the points on staying here and im even more pissed that i paid extra for a mediocre room.
If you're expecting upgrades at top tier Hyatt properties with discoverist status you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Paid upgrades are obviously a different matter. Did you complain to management about the upgraded room?