FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Athenee Hotel (formerly Plaza Athenee), Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]
Old Apr 5, 2019, 1:06 am
nexusCFX

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by EGW1
Extend the St Regis if you can, or try another property. I would not recommend the Athenee to anyone based on my two stays, and I wouldn't return even if it was the only Bonvoy option! It's also the only Bonvoy property I've stayed in in Bangkok that hasn't provided a decent upgrade, despite availability. That, and the smoke and damp filled corridors, resulted in me leaving around midnight and latterly arguing via Ambassador for a refund on the rest of the stay (eventually given by corporate, but denied by the hotel). I took a taxi to the Marquis or the W (can't remember), and enjoyed the rest of my time in Bangkok. The lounge and its staff are the only positives I can think of...
Originally Posted by Kacee
I had a decent stay here about a month ago. Upgraded to Athenee suite. There was a musty smell but it was tolerable. Pool is great (even better than StR), lounge is very good. Felt well treated.
The Marriott site says this is a non-smoking property. Is that wrong? Noticeable odours would definitely be a problem.
Originally Posted by SHLTP
This is one of my favorite properties in Marriott system. I have not stayed post Aug 18 but have always been upgraded. I probably will be staying again soon and will post back reports if I do.
Have appreciated your hotel reports in other threads in the past so I'll keep checking back for it.