FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Declining Housekeeping to Receive Points is Becoming a Scam
Old Apr 4, 2019, 11:16 pm
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by EdofFX
For the brands that are not part of the green program, you would not have been given a MAGC choice anyway. I think the complaints here are from people who actually selected the MAGC and housekeeping did not come..
Not true. My friend (who I've mentioned on other threads & to protect him will not mention the property) is at a brand that isn't part of MAGC but they get requests all the time about no housekeeping/some points via the MAR app, even though they're not a brand that participates.. They are not actually required to do so since they're not a brand that participates, but the GM as a nice gesture to Plats & above manually inputs it. Ironically, the people who say no housekeeping then call down to the front desk to ask for new towels, etc, which they would get as a normal stay-over but wouldn't get in a no-service situation, so to a certain extent they're gaming the program. If you don't want housekeeping, then don't ask for housekeeping. But again, MAGC is limited in brands that participate. For those that do, absolutely chase the points. For those that don't, well it's iffy then.

Cheers.