FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Check-through baggage to Qantas flight at Jakarta CGK
Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:33 am
R_za

Originally Posted by Gary
Hi all,

I am arriving into Jakarta CGK Terminal 3 with KLM and have a 2.5 hour transfer to a Qantas flight departing from CGK Terminal 3. These are on separate PNRs.
Obviously KLM is not OW so OW checked-baggage policies don't apply, however with the KLM/Qantas partnership it mentions same ticket check-through baggage is possible.

As I have separate PNRs, does anyone have experience with KLM to know if they can check-through my bags to Australia?

Worse case, if I need to collect my bags at CGK can I stay air-side and recheck them though to QF? Any advice regarding air-side transit options in CGK T3?
You can not! you have to go through immigrations and check in again. If you are EU citizen most likely you are visa exempt. Do note, waiting times in Jakarta at Immigration could be long. And checkin closes sharp.

Also KLM doesnt fly direct to JAK but first to KUL, if there is a delay at AMS, often there is, you will face a delay arrival in JAK too.

It was not a best idea to book seperately, unless via Singapore.

Please seek advice from Quantas