FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Airbus A380: Which are the best seats? Master discussion thread
Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:07 am
GCab

Programs: BAEC Silver
Agree with the reply above. Keeping it simple, I was in the same position (first A380 flights) last week and was equally excited. I went for 51A* out to HKG and 51K* back from SIN, and I’d recommend them (window, front upper cabin, and in middle of cabin so away from bathrooms and galley).

* picking your windows to face north for the direction of travel minimises glare from direct sunlight and means you can keep the blinds open more than you might otherwise.

Others including gurus such as corporate-wage-slave would say 53 A or K so you get your own aisle access rather than stepping over someone else’s legs, but I’ve never really minded this, and much preferred being in 51 rather than at either of the ‘ends’ - it just felt airier.

There are ‘bad’ seats to avoid, see full thread linked above. Must admit having seen 50 B/J I wonder why anyone would choose them - they stare straight into the bathrooms (although with curtains and a reasonable gap).

Enjoy your flight - I did! (PS in case my photo gives a misleading impression you don’t actually use the stairs for access as they’re roped at the bottom with crew seats and First on the other side, but you do have access to them from the Club cabin above and I found them handy for a mid-flight stretch... and a novelty)

Last edited by GCab; Apr 4, 2019 at 9:45 am