FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed
Old Apr 4, 2019, 4:04 am
canuck_traveler

Originally Posted by JakeE
Departure Airport: SDF/ATL/DTW/MSP/LGA
Miles Needed: N/A, maximize MQDs
Required Spend or Budget: 1000-1500
Available Travel: May, June, August
Required Metal or Codeshares okay* Codeshares are okay. Possibly preferred.

So I am in the unique position that I always crush the miles aspect of the rewards program but always come up short of diamond on dollars, that is mostly due to me booking early on premium economy to large Asian airports. So my main question is, what would the best way to get MQDs be? Fly domestic first class? Use a codeshare in Premium Economy or Business on a long flight? I know how to do the math, but I'm struggling to find these opportunities like you guys do. So if you could give some of the methodology/tips behind it, I'd be extremely appreciative.

I'm able to use Google Matrix and Google Flights to find some good deals on codeshares from west coast to Asia (almost 3k), and from the east coast to europe (Air France/ Alitalia for 2.5ish), but those are usually 1-2 week trips. I just cant seem to find the great deals with short turnarounds like you all. Again, I really just want to maximize MQDs.

Thanks all
I generally use Expedia.com and just plug in dates. For example, JFK-SIN on China Eastern is $931 and earns about 2000 in MQD (for S class). May 28 - 30

Probably your best bets would be flying Virgin Atlantic in Economy Delight class or AeroMexico in their business class. For Virgin Atlantic, you can book from their website and use flexible 5 week search.