View Single Post
Old Apr 4, 19, 2:13 am
Pascoe

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Last business trip (JFK) the fare difference between the available CW and F fares at time of booking was pretty minimal so I paid own cash for the difference both ways. I had 1A in the 747 on the redeye return legt but really sat there only to tick a box. Frankly the guy in 1K was, without being wierd enough to warrant a complaint to CC, odd enough to be distracting. And in row 1 he's pretty close.

Otherwise I'd have been happy enough in my usual J seats (62/64 A/K if on the jumbo, and failing that, or if on a triple, window seat at back of cabin so also having aisle access - and same criteria on the 380). I always seem to be able to get the seats I want - either immediately upon booking or by setting alerts on EF. Never seems to be a big problem.

The one F flight I've taken on BA where I really felt a difference was out to HKG a few years back on a brand new A380 with the tasting menu with matched wines. Probably helped that I had loads of time before the flight to relax etc so I did the whole F experience, rather than it just being a slightly nicer seat to rest me better so I can work harder when I arrive wherever I am going. Other F flights have all really felt like just a slightly nicer J and while I have enjoyed them all, I can genuinely take it or leave it.

Suspect the product improvements will be significant in the next wave though.