FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TK operations from "Istanbul Airport" aka Istanbul New Airport (ISL/IST)
Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:04 pm
hfly
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am still wondering how this is supposed to happen? AFAIK, and has been discussed here multiple times, flights to/fr the USA (and mirrored by Canada, Brazil, Argentina, Panama and even Colombia) need FAA and TSA approval. Forgetting the FAA, there are countless examples of flights not allowed to/fr the US from airports that have not been vetted and approved by the TSA, one of the most recent examples being flights to/fr IST after the attempted coup. For those who may not recall, all flights to/fr the US from IST were suspended for about 5 days after flights resumed after the coup attempt, as they needed a TSA and FAA inspection and certification. Have they managed to get some kind of temporary certification? Has there been an interim inspection? Everything I am hearing here is different than what I have heard in the real world which is that the FAA/TSA inspection was again deferred because of the CAA faults. I guess we will see in the next 72 hours, however I find it all very puzzling......