FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}
View Single Post
Old Apr 3, 2019, 9:17 pm
EGW1

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
Originally Posted by User Name

The JW is a short, entirely covered walk from Esplanade station. The Conrad is a partly covered/partly open walk to Promenade station. Their distances from their respective closest stations is approximately equal.

You our can walk from the JW to City Hall (entirely underground/indoors if you wish) in about 8 minutes if brisk.

Correct! I would just add not to underestimate how warm it can be walking from the Conrad to Promenade (and then Promenade station itself is very warm until you get past the barriers and down the escalators into the station). For me, hotel to platform would be around 7-10 mins, which is uncomfortable in a suit. The walk to Esplanade is as you say covered, and Esplanade station being brand new is a lot cooler once inside in my experience (you can also exit the JW via the lifts at the spa, meaning the walk from hotel to platform is around 4 mins). 99% of the time, there is a taxi or three waiting outside the Conrad...whereas I've never seen one waiting at JW, meaning you have to book.