FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Johannesburg to Nampula
View Single Post
Old Apr 3, 2019, 3:14 am
Cheetah_SA

Programs: BA BD SA
In desperation for information on flights from Nosy Be I looked at the active flight info on the Flysaa and ACSA websites on Sunday. (The flights to and from NOS are only on Sundays.)

The Flysaa site was useless and only indicated that the flight was "open for Check-in". No arrival time even well after the event.

The ACSA web site does not recognise NOS as a departure point! Luckily the flight stops in Beira en route and the site does recognise BEW. It showed the flight arriving over an hour early! I'm wondering how this is possible. Could it be that it didn't do the BEW stop?

Belatedly, I now discover that there is data on the Airportia.com site. The information contradicts the ACSA web site information and shows Sunday's flight as landing 6 minutes early. For the other dates information is spotty (lots of gaps). There is no clear pattern but the flights are more often early (as much as 45 minutes) than late. Of the 2 delays shown one was less than 20 minutes; the other was almost 3.5 hours! This seems to be a textbook example of YMMV...