FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Scottsdale McDowell Mountains, AZ [Master Thread]
Old Apr 2, 2019, 5:08 pm
birdiedouble

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Bravada04
Good to hear.......plan on playing the Champions Course for sure and gonna look at Grayhawk as I have heard good things!

Well, it looks like I will have to suck it up with the rental facility at the airport......not a big deal arriving but our flight is out first thing in the morning when we leave. It will probably be tough trying to find an Uber/Lyft that will fit two sets of golf bags and two suitcases!
We have the same issue with clubs and luggage. I was solo the first trip but my wife was with me on the second and it was a long trip for us (NY>FL>AZ>NY) so we were loaded to the gills. I did drop her of at the skycap area and was able to get the bags checked (on WN) and then dropped the car off. I'm amazed by the number of people that head to the rental car facility with all of their luggage and the others they are traveling with. It's hard enough to navigate through that place and on to the shuttle with minimal luggage alone.

Another course that came up on my radar, but we never made it out to was Quintero Golf Club. It's a bit of a hike and the greens fees are in the high range, but I did find some discounted tee times there. Looks like an awesome layout.