FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EC261/2004 - AF's interpretation
View Single Post
Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:33 pm
tobiashenry

Programs: TK Gold
Originally Posted by tbaiyun
There is a flight CDG-YUL that departs at around 6:30 PM. And the latest CDG-JFK will only depart at around 7:30 PM, which will not be possible to catch the last JFK-YUL at around 10:00 PM.

I usually find AF pretty generous in paying compensation like this, they sometimes even do that proactively (maybe due to status?). So I will be surprised if they refuse OP's request.

If OP can provide more details (which flight, what date, how you got rerouted, accommodation, etc.), there can definitely more advice from the forum.
Once arrived in CDG, there is an agent at the gate telling us not to rush to the gate. There was also 40+ students with 2 teachers connecting the YUL flight as well. I was surprised that AF did not bother to delay the CDG/YUL leg since there is 30-40+ people connecting to YUL. Anyway, It has taken quite a bit of time to get to the ticketing desk and we were told that I can travel via USA or through AMS. Since there was 40+ students also stranded at CDG, the agent told me that they will wait at CDG to get on the two flights. She advised us to reroute to AMS to take KLM to YUL instead.