FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SAS Lounge Chicago (ORD)
View Single Post
Old Apr 2, 2019, 10:44 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
To access the SAS lounge on arrival at ORD is not easy, and I wouldn’t want to do it unless flying out of T5. International arrivals on SAS at ORD require clearing passport control and customs and that leaves you dumped landside. Without a same-day boarding pass for a flight departing from ORD, TSA will prevent an international arrival passenger from getting airside on arrival to use the SAS lounge.

Originally Posted by SkOrdBgo
You can use this to check lounge access based on ticket type, ffp, etc.

https://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-finder

Regarding T3 v T5 lounges, there is a SAS lounge in T5 that you can definitely access with your Business ticket. But going to T3 requires physically exiting T5 and taking a bus (usually train, but it is currently closed for repairs) - no airside transfer between T5 and T3. Then to access T3 lounges, you’d have to go through TSA. I’m not sure if they will let you through with a SAS ticket...
At ORD, I have been able to use SAS boarding passes for ORD-ARN/CPH to get airside by using screening checkpoints in T1/2/3. It’s my way of getting PreCheck screening and not having to deal with the screening situation at T5 if I don’t want to do so.

Last edited by GUWonder; Apr 2, 2019 at 10:50 am