Old Apr 2, 19, 10:47 am
beofotch

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by squa89 View Post
Any updates from your trip? We're going next week, also a family of 4 with 2 young kids so interested in your experience!
We got back last night. Had a terrific stay. Here are my own answers to my questions. This is a great place for a family of 4

Great review - thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and pictures. I have some questions for my family of 4 traveling there in late March. I am also Platinum Premier and have applied 5 SNAs. Wife and I and kids are age 4 and1:
  • Anything unique or special the resort fee included? The resort fee covered a lot. We really liked the boathouse which is on a freshwater lagoon which includes like a floating trampoline/slide park which is actually awesome and bike rentals which includes trailers for the little ones. Also the nightly 6pm koi fish feeding, and champagne sabering was fun for the family. The "smores" was just OK - more like they are premade in a gas oven and put out to enjoy rather you actually "making it". The beach and pool hut had sand and pool toys which was nice since we didn't have to lug our own. Bathrobes for the kids was fun.
  • Was there a kids club and was there a fee or was it complimentary? Kids club exists and is "free" as long as a parent is there - otherwise babysitting rates are $25/hr+. It seems to be an afterthought at this property versus an integrated offering. It has a few rooms and the staff was very nice but is off to the side in a small building.
  • How far does the golf cart service go? Can it take you to any restaurants/places next to the property but not on the property? Goes anywhere on property - nowhere to eat off property via golf cart. If you have a car there is a shopping center not far away to get provisions for on-property picnics and there are "kiosks" which serve street food in a nearby food track rally kind of set-up on the side of the highway.
  • Any off-resort dining nearby? See above - gotta drive 10-20 minutes for it but its there
  • The bikes for rent - did any have kids seats? Yup
I have e-mailed the hotel concierge these questions last week and so far have not received a response.