FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Declining Housekeeping to Receive Points is Becoming a Scam
Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:29 am
ethernal

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Does Green Choice still exist in practice? Points never post

Our of the last five multi-night stays I have been at (at 4 different hotels in three different cities) I have not received Green Choice points. Across 9 paid multi-night stays this year at properties that participate in MAGC, I've received points exactly once despite resorting to reminding them at check-in that I want green choice and putting the placard up (if the hotel uses placards).

Am I just having bad luck? Are others experiencing this? Back in the days when MAGC actually meant something (500 SPG points as opposed to 500 Bonvoy points) I used to make a bigger deal about it, but I have trouble justifying the call to the hotel for a few dollars worth of points. Do hotels know most people won't bother and are taking advantage of this and saving a few bucks by not posting (especially aided by the ambiguity of "bonus" points on the Marriott site)?

It is starting to add up - I'm "owed" at least 10K points this year from green choice.