FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Original Routing Credit (ORC) After Involuntary Re-Routing/Re-Booking (Merged)
Old Apr 1, 2019, 8:42 pm
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iapetus
The first SAT trip would be at the end of this month. The second will be during the first full week of May.
I've rarely had an ORC request take more than a couple of days, particularly via 1K Voice. I would feel confident waiting for May to see if SDC worked. I sincerely doubt that UA will refuse just because you took a while to weigh your options. AFAIK, the only real time limitation attached to ORC would be whatever they use for missing credit (six months?)

Originally Posted by iapetus
It's the former. I want to make sure that mrs. iapetus, our children and my mother-in-law can all sit in E+. mrs. iapetus and the iapetus jrs. are all currently in E+ (the agent simply booked them there without my asking when I called to book their flights). But mother-in-law iapetus is not with them at the moment. And I realize that mrs. iapetus and the iapetus jrs. could always get moved back to E in a sweep. Relying on 1K status to be confirmed on my wife if I don't react somehow in time to make that all happen seems dicey - at best - to me.

Too bad UA credit doesn't post as quickly as LH credit does.
If you're not able to SDC, I would do the ORC. UA's changed the way they've posted earnings recently, and mine are sometimes showing up a little earlier (early morning on the second calendar day past departure, instead of early afternoon), but you're basically counting on everything going right at that point. If you end up needing the extra PQMs later in the year, you can always do a mileage run then, and you won't risk having your mother-in-law mad at you.