FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A month on the road with Marriott Bonvoy
View Single Post
Old Apr 1, 2019, 9:32 am
kmersh

Originally Posted by Horace
All Marriott Bonvoy employees should be required to know the progression of elite levels. The quotation above shows an inexcusable lack of training and lack of "cheat sheets" for hotel employees.

How hard would it be for Marriott to create brand-specific versions of elite tier chart (halfway down the the following page) and require all Marriott Bonvoy hotels to train their employees?

https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/member-benefits.mi

Brand-specific charts would provide an overviews of brand-specific Welcome Gift choices, brand-specific lounge rules (and alternatives), and other Elite benefits that vary by brand.
They do provide some sort of brand specific Elite Chart, I saw one with my own two eyes at the Jacksonville Marriott hanging on the back of the door which leads to back offices, it does not mean that the employee reads it however. As the Front Desk employee, said to my wife (she is Titanium) thanks for being an Elite with Marriott, if you keep staying at enough properties you can gain benefits such as lounge access which we grant to our most valuable guests, when my wife asked what level is that, she responded Platinum.