FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}
Old Apr 1, 2019, 4:46 am
Land-of-Miles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend
I’d say about 10 stays, each time for 7 to 10 nights, the first stay shortly after they opened.

I’m not an early riser so the big groups were annoying for me, they were loud and rude.
I would say your issue is 7 to 10 days trip lengths, it is very hard for any property to accommodate a suite upgrade for that length of stay even if they want to (which I suspect most wouldn't). My typical stay is 2 to 3 nights. When staying earlier in the week the upgrade odds are far worse than later in the week when they are typically quite high.

Yes I know what you mean with the tour groups issues but this is a London and UK wide hotel problem now that the £ is worth about the same as a Mexican Peso. Properties across the country are filling up with tour groups which means they are running to capacity (which also impacts upgrades etc.) and facilities are stretched. This is not a problem which is in any way unique to Bankside. If you want to avoid that then you have to be looking considerably upmarket (e.g. Four Seasons, MO, Rosewood etc.).