FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated IAD connection time/logistics-Domestic & International {Archive}
Old Mar 31, 2019, 7:39 pm
UAL250

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
Assuming you land/depart from the UA C/D terminal you should be fine. I walk briskly and can get from C1 to the other end D32 in <10 mins without trying too hard. Presumably you dont need to pick up/recheck bags. If for any reason you need to switch between C/D and A/B terminals I'd add 15 mins.

Side question - how do passport checks work in your scenario? I have never done a domestic to international connection. Can you just present your passport for the first time at the gate for your IAD-FRA flight?
I agree that this connection is doable if you can walk fine, although I'd personally switch to the IAH option to be a bit safer. But, DFW-IAD is a safe route 99.9% of the time, so you should be fine. Unless there's a mechanical issue, the plane likely will get into IAD 10-15 minutes early (done this route a fair number of times).

As for the passport question, OP would be required to submit the passport info on OLCI/app check-in, or during in person check-in at DFW. However, OP would not need to show it visually until the IAD-FRA flight if OLCI is done, assuming OP has used this passport on UA before. If OP has not used a passport or this specific passport on UA before, it *will* have to be done in person at check-in.