FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What benefit(s) would you suggest for Bonvoy Titanium?
Old Mar 31, 2019, 7:06 pm
Option7

Programs: Delta, Hyatt & Marriott Bonvoy
Poor customer service only interested in profit at the top.

I’m lucky if I get an upgrade on a single night as well. Usually they tell me I can upgrade for a fee even though I’m supposed to get an upgrade if it is available upon check-in. I’m then told there is no free upgrade space but there is paid upgrade space. They can shove this reasoning up their .... I used to get upgraded all the time as a lifetime platinum elite. Not once Marriott took control. Marriott doesn’t appreciate their most loyal customers let alone the ones who blindly book Marriott properties since they don’t know any better.
I would try Hyatt. They treat their Globalists extremely well. No resort fees, a free night always includes parking and breakfast in their Regency Clubs or at their main restaurant on property if there is no Regency Club. Hyatt staff are first class. They are empowered to improve every guest’s experience. Marriott doesn’t allow it’s employees to give away a bottle of water without getting permission.
They remember who you are and thank you for being Diamond. Marriott doesn’t thank you for anything for fear the customer may expect special treatment which could cost them a few dollars.
Marriott’s win-lose management philosophy frustrates their employees and drives away loyal customers as they suck in as many “one time guests” at certain resort properties to sell time shares to young & old couples that are easy prey for a sleazy sales pitch.
The sad thing is that there are former SPG properties and some Marriott properties which don’t follow the win-lose management style of Marriott corporate which means they actually care about their most loyal customers. This puts these properties in a very difficult position where guests begin to avoid doing business with Marriott. The name “Marriott” is toxic for people who know hotels. If Marriott starts changing the name of properties like the Westin Moana Surfrider to the Marriott Moana Surfrider then this hotel which I’ve been staying at since 1982 would be dead to me. One thing for certain, the most certain way to destroy the reputation of a hotel is to let Marriott manage it.
Do yourself a favor & switch to Hyatt. You will thank me.