FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Last chance to fly a Russian Tu134, May 18-20
Old Mar 31, 2019, 2:40 am
eielef

Programs: AR, LA, A3, UT, 6R, U6, PS, SU, and many more
Last chance to fly a Russian Tu134, May 18-20

I'm not sure if moderators will allow me to post this here, but I didn't know where else would it be fine.

Alrosa is the only operator of Tu134 (besides Air Koryo if I'm not mistaken).
They published in Instagram of the last ever flight (onboard RA-65690) will be on the route MJZ-IKT-MJZ (Mirny to Irkutsk) on the 18th and 20th of May. I'm not sure if they plan two return trip or just one (go there, spend two days, return).
Anyway, if you haven't done it, consider doing it.
Is the best aircaft ever to be built.

Also, you could try to connect with the only Tu154 available for passengers in Russia. I did last year the route MJZ-IKT (TU3), IKT-PYJ (AN4), PYJ-DME (TU5). Maybe something like that can be done.
On the website, I just found MJZ-IKT (ow 18th) for less than 150U$S. Is not expensive for this bird. Flight duration is around 1h50m
I suggest you do. And, if we organize a group, that would be awesome!

Plus, Mirny and Irkutsk are interesting places to visit...

По многочисленным просьбам любителей советской авиатехники и в связи с предстоящим завершением эксплуатации Ту-134, Авиакомпания АЛРОСА выполнит заключительные рейсы Мирный-Иркутск-Мирный 18 и 20 мая. Приобрести авиабилеты вы можете на нашем сайте www.alrosa.aero