FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Collusion on SK / DY only routes?
View Single Post
Old Mar 30, 2019, 5:06 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by highupinthesky
I've been flying regularly on CPH-DUS. I never really looked for any competitor to SK, as the fares has been decent IMHO. But I have seen the same trend here, that the fares has gone up and the cheap tickets around DKK 500 has been gone for a while, but they seems to be back again from end April. An interesting observation is that when the route is services by a ATR/CRJ bird, the fares are higher compared to when it's served by a A3xx or B737. This suits me fine as I hate flying on the ATR and CRJ birds.

Another of my regular routes is CPH-ARN. Here the trend has been the same. Fares has gone up over the last 6 months, but is now on the way down again.
On a USD-basis, I’ve not seen DY prices for CPH-ARN being much higher on the upper end these last six months than say a comparable period 12 months earlier, although the cheapest prices seem to be gone faster or not show up as often. But given what has gone on with the employment situation in Copenhagen, southern Sweden and even in Stockholm, I can’t say that I would be surprised if there has been increased demand as a result of the tighter labor market with increased employment and increased pay. On a USD-basis, the trains for CPH-Stockholm and Malmo-Stockholm seem to have had a proportionally greater increase in price and sell-out rate than the flights. But DY seems to indeed have gotten back to discounting in more recent weeks (even on day of flights) than has been the case for most of the last several months.