FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2019 World Airport Survey : LHR T5 voted World’s Best Terminal
Old Mar 30, 2019, 2:40 pm
fluffymitten

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
How do they get from Seoul or Singapore to Heathrow without ever flying?

I am not particularly worried about a lot of these countries they are pretty frequent and tech savy travellers, and since half of the lanes seem to be closed every time I walk through, there are room for expanding capacity anyway....
​​​​​​
I'll agree to disagree. Yes, those countries are pretty savvy generally but that doesn't mean all travellers are. All too often I see sensible people switch off and become complete idiots when they enter an airport. Holiday brain, I believe it's called.

There's a huge knock on impact of moving all eligible people out of the non-EEA queue into what is currently the EEA queue. Brits already complain bitterly about a 5 minute queue even though they haven't figured out that they don't have to stand four deep behind an occupied gate - they can walk up to any unoccupied green gate. The helpers aren't exactly proactive in shepherding people towards free gates as the queues aren't breaching the SLA