FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ideas for ANA award routings
View Single Post
Old Mar 29, 2019, 9:49 pm
HenrySu1220

Originally Posted by Red259
True although with the exception of Taiwan I have been to all these countries before. Japan and China multiple times. In the end I think what I will do is just book an award north america to Sapporo and then book an award out with Osaka to New York with a layover in Tokyo. I'll just buy two one way tickets leaving the Hokkaido region to Taiwan and then coming back a few days later to Osaka. Seems easier than flying to Taiwan via tokyo then coming back to tokyo and then having to buy all the domestic flights/bullet train tickets around Japan and it saves me like 10-12k points or something.

Yeah, travel in any of those countries above domestically are super easy, Japan even sell the train pass for foreigners. All the countries or regions have high speed train which could sent you to anywhere faster than planes.
But if you have already been there before, I would rec just book wherever you really wanted to, but do not stop over too many cities far away each other, my personal experiences, I like travel within one region more than just stopover in majority major cities in different places.