FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can't get assigned seats on partner airlines when booked through Delta.com
Old Mar 29, 2019, 7:52 pm
Zorak
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by balmoral
I mainly prefer to book via Delta as I believe I accumulate MQMs whereas I won't if say, I book with Virgin directly. Apologies if I'm missing something. I'm new to these processes. Thank for any feedback!
I'm not familiar with what the old rules were for SkyMiles accrual on VS flights, but FYI that as of last year, all that matters is the marketing carrier. Further, if MQDs are relevant for you (i.e. not MQD exempt via credit card waiver or foreign residence) then you should check potential flights against the earning chart at

https://www.delta.com/en_US/skymiles...rline-partners

as in some cases you may earn more MQDs booking VS-coded flights vs. DL depending on distance traveled vs. fare paid.

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Were these codeshares (DL flight number) or the operating airlines flight number?
Just try to select seats on the operating airlines web site (not DL web site).
You might need the VS PNR (which you should be able to get from a DL phone agent or Twitter) to do so.

This thread in the DL forum may also be of interest:

Delta and Virgin Atlantic Partnership