FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MDW 1 AM Arrival: Taxi to Airport Hotels
View Single Post
Old Mar 29, 2019, 1:44 pm
Nirvana91

Originally Posted by DarkHelmetII
What's fair for the total amount? Maybe $30? $40? This is exactly why I asked the question in the first place (realizing now I could have asked differently). I totally get it that these drivers wait in line for a while and they would be, understandably, super-pxxxed if they have get an $8 fare or whatever.
I'm no expert in this but MDW does not receive flights all night, and at 1am I don't think the taxi will have to wait in a very long line for fares like they do at ORD. It's like two miles to the Courtyard but there is a $5 airport pickup fee for a taxi. The overall fare should still be less than $20. If you threw on a $10 tip for the short ride that should be PLENTY nice, plus the hotel is close enough to MDW that the driver can get back there quite quickly. If for some reason I'm wrong and you sense that the driver has waited hours for you, you could be more generous, but I don't think that will be the case. I'm sure most of the time people are tipping $5 or less for these rides, no matter how long the driver waited.