FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Premier Upgrade (GPU) Questions Thread [Archive]
Old Mar 29, 2019, 8:33 am
mrt88

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by mpiotrow
I have an itinerary coming up that I booked on UA, AAA-BBB-CCC-DDD-EEE, all on W fare, all travel on 1 day. AAA-BBB-CCC is on LH, CCC-DDD-EEE on UA. I applied a GPU in hopes of the TATL CCC-DDD segment clearing (which it did...yay!), but I actually got an email notification from UA today saying that they could not confirm the upgrade from AAA-BBB, but that I have been added to the upgrade standby list.that is "shown online and at the airport". Seeing as this is an LH flight, is there such a thing as an upgrade standby list that is "shown online and at the airport"? Or is this just a faulty form letter email that does not apply to me? I didn't realize that a GPU could be used for a W fare on LH flights...or is that not the case?

I went to Google Flights to see if it would even bring up a fare if I were to want to buy a business class fare on the AAA-BBB flight. From what I can tell they are still selling 6 business class seats on that flight (if I try to select 7 adults, the flight no longer appears in the list). Is that a good indication of the number of seats left? Will I actually be eligible for an upgrade on that flight, if so?
I had this happen on a TP-operated connecting flight too when I applied a GPU on a UA TATL on the same trip. It was just the system going a bit screwy, no upgrade unfortunately