FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MVP Gold - Waiver for Award Cancel/Change Fee
Old Mar 28, 2019, 2:31 pm
osubeavers01

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by BenA
Anyone have any practical experience with this waiver after loss of status? I booked a ticket as MVP Gold, and when I pull up the reservation online it still lists me as MVP Gold in the system. But I now am a no-status nobody. Do the rules in effect when I booked the ticket apply, or the rules in effect when I attempt to cancel apply instead?

There have been substantial schedule changes, so i may be able to cancel that way anyway, but I want to know what all my options are...
Technically, you should have to pay the change fee. Had a friend in this same situation who lost gold status, but a prior reservation wasn’t reflecting the lower status on the website. She was able to successfully make a change to the flight online without incurring a change fee, but fairly sure that if she had called in, they would have caught the status change. If it were me, I’d try to do a ticket change online to a different itinerary or later date instead of a straight cancellation and see if you can make it through the whole process without it trying to charge you a change fee. Good luck!