FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Visiting Colleges & Unis Around PHL/EWR/JFK
Old Mar 28, 2019, 2:24 pm
notmypetunia

Programs: AA MM; UA-S; HH-D; Marriott-LTP
The Dinky

Originally Posted by amanuensis

During a business trip, I made a swing from NYC to Princeton University by train. I did not think changing at Princeton Junction was a big deal. It was actually kind of fun to pretend I was on the Hogwarts Express. And the architecture at Princeton allowed me to continue believing that the train really did take me to Hogwarts. Beautiful gothic campus.
The Princeton Junction to NYC commute is straight forward. Get on NJTransit at PJC and get off on the last stop at NYPenn Station (as opposed to Newark Penn Station), NYP sits right below Madison Square Garden btw. EWR also has a stop on that same Northeast Corridor line.

Hogwarts Express, that's funny, and I can see how that might pop into one's brain! Just a note that the "Dinky" (the one or two car train that goes from Princeton Junction to Princeton in just a few minutes) isn't running right now. Currently they are running bus service between the two. Not sure when (or if) the Dinky will be back up and running.

Last edited by notmypetunia; Mar 28, 2019 at 2:29 pm