FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Missed Check-In Luggage Deadline
View Single Post
Old Mar 28, 2019, 11:29 am
JetLife

Originally Posted by 5mm
If you missed it by 15 min or less, you still should have been allowed to check your bag, but the tag is marked late with a large L on the tag. All this really means, that your bag is not guarantied on making your flight. If they were not able to print your tag, you were more than 15 min late. So how late were you?
I used the check-in machine 59 minutes before my flight departure, as I indicated. The lady said the deadline is 60 minutes and there are no exceptions. She also said it couldn't be sent on the flight the next day, which would have been fine with me.

Originally Posted by 5mm
Unless your bag is not carry on size. It sounds like OP was way more than 1 min late for his flight. He should be lucky AC even let him on the flight.
The bag is not carry on size. If it was, I would have just carried on. Why am I "lucky" AC let me on the flight? I made it to the gate 10 minutes before pre-boarding.

Originally Posted by yyznomad
@JetLife

What is the dimension/size/model of the luggage you were thinking of gate checking (but ultimately ended up storing)?
Not sure exactly, but a typical checked baggage size. Too large to be a carry-on.