FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chicago Public Transit question
View Single Post
Old Mar 28, 2019, 9:13 am
Exleftseat

I didn't see my post from a couple of days quoted. So I will resend it.

Originally Posted by JBord
OP, I'm sure Chicago will feel much safer than the "West Coast" cities you're familiar with. What you hear and read about is largely confined to parts of the city that are nowhere near downtown, the Mag Mile, or anywhere that a typical tourist would go. You should simply take the same precautions you would in any large city and not worry about it.

Just like my experiences in Paris, using the L train (metro in Paris) is likely to be the scariest and most unsatisfying part of your visit.
Good point and I certainly agree with you having endured the metro.

Originally Posted by FindAWay
1. Depends on your interests. Art Institute is easy by train. It is nearby to Cloudgate (the bean). The train goes through the Theater district. Depending on time of year, lots of parks and street festivals outdoors. If summer, a river architecture cruise is a great experience. Many great dining options in River North neighborhood.
2. Of course. I'd be worried more about the weather than crime.
Thanks for the suggestion. We'll be there April 22 and crossing our fingers as far as weather is concerned.

Added today :

3. All of you have been very, very gracious and so helpful, giving me so many options to work with. That is fantastic and now we are looking forward to our day in Chicago. Wish I could all thank you in person, but this post has do do. Thank you so much. Fly safe, stay safe.