FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}
Old Mar 28, 2019, 8:56 am
Land-of-Miles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by residentx
Junior suite for me today, as with all the past stays since my suite upgrade. I could've had a suite today at noon but I wanted a room at 10am, so was MORE than happy with a junior. Then made my way into lounge and just this second witnessed why this is one of the best Hiltons in the UK. A guy comes into the lounge at 11.24, asks for breakfast (which obviously finished some time ago), 5 minutes later a parade of pastries, fruits and yogurts have been brought to him.

Great service, great rooms and a nice vibe. Stay here.
I had an Exec room until I checked out yesterday. That was a very odd room design and a first for me at Bankside and I don't think a terribly good use of space, which would have made a much better Junior suite type layout. I have never had a Junior suite but have had many suite upgrades of various types. Arriving later in the week definitely seems to pay dividends.

I was quite annoyed on Tuesday night though as there was an unannounced closure of the entire Distillery bar for a PWC function. I don't think it is terribly fair to close an entire outlet like this with no warning and offering the Distillery Menu in OXBO misses the point a bit, I tend to find OXBO lacks any real atmosphere in the evening whereas Distillery has a better layout, and a far nicer vibe.

I always have breakfast in OXBO rather than the lounge.