FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Efficient ways to earn Platinum
View Single Post
Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:45 am
Flying Yazata

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by henry999
Should we find another *A programme and continue with our customary travel patterns? Or should we re-focus on OW? Do we stay with BA? Or, should we switch to AY+? Comparing the requirements / benefits trade-off, we concluded that, for us, it made more sense to stay with BA.
Personally I guess I'd go for LH and just by myself cheap J tickets in booking class P, if I'd entertain the notion of going *A. SK is convenient from TKU, TMP and VAA, but EB isn't that interesting as a *A FFP. The only benefit would be AMEX MR earnings and being able to convert to EB award credits. My secondary FFP isn't in *A, but with ST. The network is of greater interest than *A, at least in terms of fares available, if excluding SK and LH in *A. But I'm thankfully not obliged to do business travels abroad, so I'm free to do as I please.

Originally Posted by henry999
I was going to suggest a OneWorld round-the-world trip in J, the so-called DONEx. These are still quite good value and we are lucky here in the frozen north that OSL happens to be one of the cheapest starting points in the world.
DONEx for FFP status with BAEC isn't really that efficient in terms of the cost. It's probably fun, but I rather recommend doing e.g. a few TATL bookings in J.