FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Weekly commuting LAX to SJC
View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:04 pm
VegasGambler
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bzcat
I used to commute from Orange County to SJC for a while. About half of the time I used SNA and half of the time LAX. I tried every airlines but at the end I was using pretty much just Southwest because they don't charge a change fee (just pay the airfare difference). Also Southwest tends to have the most reasonable same day/walk up fare. Honestly, this commute will be much easier if we had high speed rail. I would do that in a heart beat vs. flying.
Yeah and AS charges a $25 SDC fee (waived for Gold or higher) and doesn't charge the airfare difference.

I was just discussing this on a thread on the AS forum. For some reason people think that paying the airfare difference is no big deal (could easily exceed $100), but balk at a $25 change fee. Southwest has trained people well...

But, honestly, if you care about comfort and convenience more than miles or status you could look into JetSuiteX if they fly to an airport that's convenient for you (they do not fly to SJC). No TSA!! Arrive at the airport 20 min before your flight. How much is that worth?