FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why is there such as disconnect between PL and Polaris in-flight?
Old Mar 27, 2019, 4:54 pm
st530

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by seanp7
I slightly disagree. I think AC's onboard experience, presentation, pride, and FA demeanor is consistently better than UA's in J. I agree that food is variable, though.

I like this thread. It's good discussion. I don't like that many of us (myself included) now tolerate UA and say "well at least the lounges are good and the Saks bedding w/ seat - just give me those and I'm fine". There's a real chance for a Nth American carrier to offer a premium end to end experience, and UA basically fails with onboard meals, service (frequently), check-in, transfers, arrivals lounges, and more. I'm not asking for a LH/LX first experience every time but at least try to aim for something similar in J that dials it back a bit but is market leading.

As silly as the accident-prone welcome PDB plastic glass was, with welcome chocolate, that was actually a nice touch (or at least an attempt at creating something special). Now we have radioactive blue plastic cups for a welcome drink. Premium...

Well, at least we have the Polaris lounges (at one end of the trip). Indeed.
Have the domestic radioactive blue plastic cups already replaced the hard plastic tumblers that were rolled out in Polaris only last year?